How to build a high-performance facilitation system for the future? Workshop. 4.15 – 5.45 pm
The lack of funding in Germany makes life difficult for innovators. There is a lack of capital, investors, partnerships and networks. We ask: How can we build an ecosystem for innovation in Agtech in Germany? Who and what is necessary for this? In a participative workshop, we want to use fishbowl discussion and dynamic facilitation to develop the necessary basics and, together with our participants, derive a starting paper for a subsequent workshop. The workshop addresses startups, funding institutions such as banks and state funding programmes, VCs and CVs, knowledge providers and consultants, incubators and accelerators.
What’s a Fishbowl-Discussion?
This format leaves no room for PR statements or long speeches by a small number of people. You will take a seat in two chair circles, with the outer circle listening and the inner circle discussing. One chair always remains free. After the introduction to the format, our speakers from Startup, Banks, VC and CVC, state sponsors, Knowledge Providers give their 2-3 minute impulses, then the discussion continues. The audience can take a chair at any time.
Workshop. 4.15 – 5.45 pm
- Prof. Dr. Katrin Schnitker, Host. Professor for Business Management in the Agricultural and Food Industry at Hochschule Osnabrück. read more
- Jobst von Petersdorff, Business Venture at KWS Group. read more
- Dr. Klaus Heider. Director General “Rural Development and Digital Innovation, Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture. read more
- Ralf Borchers, Manager for startup promotion at NBank. read more
- Sebastian Schauff, Co-Founder and CEO at ag.supply. read more
- Prof. Dr. Bastian Halecker, Founding Partner of the Food Innovation Platform HUNGRY VENTURES. read more
- Dr. Katrin Jakob, Founder and Managing Partner at California Business Associates LLC. read more
- Dr. Murat Ünal, Founder & Chief Intelligence Officer of the AI-related Ecosystem Intelligence company SONEAN. read more
- Wolf Goertz, CEO of the big data platform foodsupply. read more
- Eva Piepenbrock, editor-in-chief at f3 – farm. food. future. read more
Roundtable. 12.10 – 12.50 pm
Dr. Katrin Jakob, Founder and Managing Partner at California Business Associates LLC., will conduct this roundtable.
Attention, this roundtable will take place in the morning!
Articles on the subject and interviews with our speakers:
Interview with ag.supply’s co-founder Sebastian Schauff
The online company is considered the Amazon of agriculture
The online company ag.supply was referred to as the Amazon in the AgTech business. Because what has been going on for a long time in other industries is rather unusual for farmers: buying working materials online is not exactly everyday business between barn and field. The market for agricultural companies has not yet been influenced by the boom of the online giants – despite years of wild forecasts that warned of a digital threat. Even in 2019, the purchase and sale of agricultural products and inputs often still require complex, close personal relationships between farmers and suppliers that go back decades.
Interview with Wolf Goertz, FoodSupply
The industry needs lateral thinkers
How’s the the startup scene in Germany? Not so bad, says Wolf Goertz. But more lateral thinkers are needed to get together with the established middle class.
An overview of the entire program including times, speakers and topics can be found here:Programme 2020